Friday, April 5, 2019

Reflections in Job


As I was reading Job 32 this morning I was so encouraged. I had never gathered that nugget before. I mean I know Paul tells Timothy not to let anyone look down on him because of his youth. And, I learned somewhere when my kids were little that it’s the same Holy Spirit living in them as dwells in me. The Holy Spirit is God and has no age. But I had never noticed before that it was also in Job.
I was painfully shy, and always worried about looking like an idiot if I said something and on top of that I’m an introvert. Because of those traits many people labeled me a not so nice word that is meant for a female dog…words have such power. I have also been told many times that I am wise beyond my years. But the negative words associated with my personality have colored my lenses, the ones I use to gauge my interactions. All that to say that I still struggle with trepidation about speaking out.
Elihu became angry at these grown men, these elders whom he had been honoring. They had been sitting around complaining and griping and bemoaning the suffering of Job. Job then justifies his actions and boasts about all his righteousness. Elihu is bursting with need to tell them about God and to justify His God His Maker. He didn’t want to offend these elders, but he had to speak. I love the way he talks about it building inside of him and not being able to hold it in.
I am reminded of how many times I have been bursting with a need to say something deep in my spirit. But I chose to stifle the spirit due to my own feelings of inadequacy or fear of offending someone or coming across as rude. Trust. I must trust that God made me who I am, and I must trust that when He prompts me to speak that He will use it how it needs to be used. I can’t worry about the fall out or the watering of the seed or about the offense. He yearns for none to perish, He uses all things for the good of those who love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment