Sunday, November 17, 2013

A heart hanging on her Daddy's Word

We love our new church! It has been such a blessing in our lives. Today during worship was profound...first I stopped to pray out the worries in my heart, which brought on a time of weeping by another song, which was led to a huge smile and adoration with the next song...love, love, love what the power of music does in my heart. Rejoice! Again I say Rejoice.

This month, we don't know which day to use as a landmark, but this month we are celebrating my hubby being clean for a year. It has been a year since many years of prayers and fighting an unseen war over our marriage has been realized. Hubby has been heard many times this week rejoicing that he has been clean for a year and talking about how good God is and how awesome things are now compared to how they were. It has been a year since he walked out the door for work in the morning and didn't return for a few days a very broken man, head hung in shame, broke and without the necessary tools to go back to work...for a year, he walks out the door for work and comes home at the end of the day, or at least when he says he will return, for a year he calls me when something takes longer than expected, for a year he tells me when he spends money and what he spends it on, mind you not because I hold the purse strings, but because he is building a testimony of honesty and not hiding things from me any longer, no longer giving the devil a foothold in our marriage. Rejoice with me! It has been a year since my husband was rescued from a life that would've led to an ugly debilitating death and decay. It has been a year that my son has been able to lean on his daddy and begin to know that when daddy walks out that door, he will return through that door without a hollow haunted look.

But, also today, the day before my little brothers 33rd birthday, he enters the doors of a 1 year Christ based rehab home. After almost 20 years of struggling and staying in the cycle of sin, fun, high, shame, guilt, love, forgiveness, sin, fun, high, shame, guilt, love, forgiveness...my brother accepted Christ as Savior about  10 days ago: HALLELUJAH!!! God is so very good. But it was quickly followed by a plunge into deep darkness. By the grace of God, he walked away a few days ago and got sober and just arrived at a place where I pray the Lord will answer our prayers and show us all His MIRACLE working powers and set that captive free. I have prayed these verses over my husband and brother for years and I intend to continue to pray them for my Bub: Isaish 61:1-4
The Year of the Lord’s Favor
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.
Please rejoice with me over a husband who walks in victory and pray with me for a brother who stands next in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment