Sunday, October 6, 2013

That kind of girl

I am scared to death to post this blog! I just need you to hear me J I was doing a little research today and a blog was talking about needing a clear path to make a blog a success, to know your audience and what you want to say and who you want to reach. I hear ya, but…I’m not really that kind of girl. I just know that through the last several years God was building a testimony through my husband and I. I’m kind of take it as it comes kind of girl.
I can remember back when I was in full-time ministry, one of my jobs was to run the kitchen for about 30 people, 3 meals a day. One day…we had kind of a busy week and we needed a meal, but nothing was really on the menu and no one had been there all day to prepare it. My co-laborer walks in and asks if she can help. I looked around the kitchen and said something like: I don’t really know, I don’t have a plan yet. To which she replied something like: yes, but you are a choleric; there will be something beautiful out of this chaos. Story of my life.
At the beginning of this year as we were planning to move to North Dakota we got lots of questions. People always wanted to know what the plan was, where, when, why, how…to which I usually replied with my arms out in front and clasped, making a circle: His light is only shining this far and your questions are landing outside his light (Ps 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path). I said we are going on an adventure. And we have! We left our 2 acres and 2400 square foot house to come live in a 29’ camper on a 30x90 lot with 362 other campers. But, it is an adventure. We are involved in an awesome church. We are spending more family time together doing fun things, even though Jason works crazy hours. I am homeschooling and staying at home with our 7 year old son, Elijah and our 4 year daughter Hannah.
Did I mention that I was scared to death to put something out there? Even though I feel in my gut that this is where Adonai is leading. And I made my Barnabas promise to hold me accountable to posting something, anything, by the end of the week. And while I hear the ladies saying to plan, plan and plan…I am not disagreeing with you, I am simply saying that sometimes God leads us where we are not sure of the plan, as has often been the case in my life.
Everyone should have a Barnabas/Jonathon in their life J back when we were in the trenches (in full time ministry fighting the ever present enemy) together, she scared me half to death and she became my Paul. We taught all the girls at the farm that they needed a Paul (a mentor), a Timothy (someone a little less mature) and a Barnabas (an encourager, a running buddy). While she started as my Paul, she is now my closest and dearest friend. There is nobody else that can punch me with a 2x4 quite as hard or covered with as much love and grace as she can.
Welcome to my journey of living a Christ centered marriage and life. Life is hard! To be in the world but not of the world…America has all kinds of fads and doctrines, many of them seem innocent but most of them run contrary to what the Bible says. Learning to respect my husband (even/especially when he didn’t deserve it), honor him and his choices for our family, become a woman who could do anything she puts her mind to yet choosing to stay home and pour her gifts and talents into a much greater audience: our contribution to the next generation, this was one of the harder lessons: yes! being a wife and mommy is not only enough, it is the highest honor and calling.
Walk with me, struggle with me and let’s find grace together in this journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment